Ecohub Limited T/A EV HIRE (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions (available with all quotes and invoices) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
Ecohub Limited T/A EV HIRE is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are:
158 Beddington Lane
For all data matters contact
Customer Services at email@example.com or 0800 689 5074
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with a quotation for our services if requested;
- To enable us to provide you with a vehicle for the duration of your rental
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform individuals of news, events or activities;
You may give us information about you by filling in forms or uploading personal documentation on www.evhire.co (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or other messaging system.
This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, ask us for a quotation, ask us provide you with a vehicle, ask us to research a part or product for you, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data
The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, any other contact’s name, address, e-mail address and phone number that you provide to us to carry out your contract or provide you with a quotation in advance of a contract.
We have obtained your personal data from either:
- Yourself directly,
- A subcontractor company who is cross hiring vehicles to us.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data (article 6 of the GDPR)?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Processing necessary for the compliance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you for insurance verification purposes
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (tax, insurance, warranties etc)
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only in order to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations with the following:
- Our accountants
- Subcontractors – For vehicle cross hiring purposes only
- Employees (For Execution of Services)
As we previously mentioned we will not sell, share or rent your personal data and it would only ever be disclosed if ordered to do so by the relevant Law Enforcement Agencies.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of up to 10 years in order to:
a) Fulfil legal obligations (accountancy)
b) In case of any legal claims / complaints
8. Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as a contractual requirement in order to provide you with a quotation and / or to carry out our services.
If you fail to do so we will not be able to give you a quotation or carry out works for you.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
10. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer any data abroad.
11. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business
12. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
14. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Customer Services Department.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 1231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.